Building & Engineering

The Engineering Department is located in City Hall at 22647 Racine Street in Robertsdale.

The Engineering Department is responsible for administering Robertsdale’s Land Use Ordinance and Building Codes as well as performing engineering services for city projects.

Gregory B. Smith, PE

City Engineer

Phone: 251-947-8955
Fax: 251-947-2619

David Kilcrease

Building Inspector, Zoning Enforcement
Officer, & Safety Coordinator

Phone: 251-947-2466
Fax: 251-947-2619

Obtaining a Building Permit

  1. Complete Building Permit Request Form (Residential   Commercial)along with a Subcontractor List (See forms for additional required documents.)
  2. Complete Land Use Certificate Application. (If not located within the corporate limits of the City of Robertsdale a Land Use Certificate may be required by Baldwin County. Please contact the Baldwin County Planning & Zoning Department at 251-972-8523)
  3. Bring Building Permit Request Form, Land Use Certificate Application and other required information to the Building Inspection Department located at Robertsdale City Hall at 22647 Racine Street Robertsdale, AL.
  4. Once a complete Building Permit Request form and all required documents have been submitted and reviewed, the city will calculate the amount owed for permit fees, utility tap fees and deposits and impact fees (if applicable), and the applicant will be contacted with the fee amount to be paid.  In addition, at the time of permitting, the City of Robertsdale will collect and remit to the State of Alabama the Construction Industry Craft Training Fee equal to $1 per $1,000, of Total Value of Permitted Structures for any Non-Residential Construction.
  5. The applicant must then go to City Hall and pay the required fees. Once all required fees have been paid in full, the permit will be issued and a placard created for the job site.

NOTE: All new construction for commercial properties must go before the Robertsdale Planning Commission for a Site Plan review before a permit is issued. All commercial properties must submit a site plan prepared in accordance with the Land Use Ordinance that includes, but is not limited to a dimensioned site plan, grading plan and landscape plan. See Article IX.