Frequently Asked Questions

City Hall / Utilities

Q. Where is City Hall located?

A. Our office is located at 22647 Racine Street, Robertsdale, Alabama. We are one block behind Danny’s Fried Chicken on the west side of Highway 59 South.

Q. When are utility bills due?

A. They are due upon receipt and are late if paid after the 15th. Please see the Utilities Page for further information.

Q. When and where does the City Council meet?

A. The City Council meets the 1st Monday of each month at 6:00 pm (Workshop at 5:00 pm) and the 3rd Monday of each month at 8:00 am in the Council Chambers at City Hall.  (Meeting dates and times may vary during the year due to holidays and other conflicts.)

Q. How do I get something on the agenda of the City Council for discussion?

A. You can contact the City Clerk or the Mayor to request an item be placed on the Agenda.

Q. Who do I contact about renting the PZK Civic Center?

A. Sarah Duncan at (251) 947-8973 or Please see the PZK Page for further information.

Q. Where do I get a Building Permit?

A. You must acquire a building permit from City Hall at 22647 Racine Street.

Municipal Court

Q. Where is the Magistrate’s Office located?

A. Robertsdale City Hall, 22647 Racine St. Robertsdale, AL.

Q. What are your hours of operation?

A. Robertsdale Municipal Court is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Court is held on the second and fourth Wednesday of every month with the exception of November and December.

Q. How do I reach the Baldwin County Satellite Court/District Court/Circuit Court/Sheriff’s Dept./License & Tag Dept./Probate Court/Marriage License?

A. NONE of these offices are located at Robertsdale Municipal court.  Please call 251-943-5061 to reach the Baldwin County Call Center and the operator will transfer you to your desired location.

Q. Where is my violation indicated?

A. A traffic citation (ticket) has the violation(s) indicated on the front of the ticket by the police officer’s name. Each violation(s) listed on the ticket has a numeric code description and has a specific fine and fee associated with it.

Q. How do I find out my court date or the deadline to pay a citation?

A. The date is listed at the bottom of the traffic citation where the police officer has written the action due date (first appearance date). By the expiration of this date the motorist must take the following action:

  • Plead guilty and pay the fines and fees OR
  • Plead not guilty before a Traffic Court Judge

Q. How do I plead guilty?

A. In certain cases (i.e. minor traffic citations, etc.) the court will allow you to enter a plea before a magistrate and pay your fines and court cost. The Robertsdale Police Officers distribute an information sheet with a list of the scheduled fines.  Full payment for all violations and late fees must be made.  Motorist can make payments:

  • On this website (
  • By Mail (P. O. Box 429 Robertsdale, AL 36567)
  • In person at Robertsdale Municipal Court

Q. How do I plead not guilty?

A. To plead not guilty, you must appear in court on your assigned court date.

To plead not guilty you must appear on your court date and the officer or complainant will appear. After a trial the judge will make a ruling on the case.  Please note! If you have any questions, the time to ask is when  you are before the judge. No one else can help. Once you are adjudicated and fined, it is too late to change the judge’s ruling unless you appeal. If you are found guilty, you will have 14 days to appeal the court’s decision to Circuit Court.  You may then demand a trial by jury or a trial before a Circuit Court Judge. A Clerk can listen and sympathize, but certainly cannot help you or change the judge’s decision.

Q. I was notified that there is a warranty for my arrest.  What do I need to do to take care of this?

A. In order to take care of an outstanding warrant, you must turn yourself in to the Robertsdale Police Department. After the warrant has been processed, you will be given an opportunity to post a bond and you will be given a court date. You may contact the Robertsdale Magistrate’s office at 251-947-8910 to receive specific information pertaining to your case.

Q. Can I reschedule my court appearance?

A. If your appearance date has not passed, you may contact Robertsdale Municipal Court at 251-947-8910. If you have an attorney, your attorney can file a motion requesting a continuance on your case.

Q. Can someone else come and pay a ticket for me?

A. No, the clerk must witness your signature on the Waiver of Rights on the back of the ticket.

Q. What if I receive a ticket for no proof of insurance?

A. If the vehicle had insurance coverage at the time of the citation, please bring proof of insurance to Robertsdale Municipal Court prior to your court date.

If the vehicle did not have insurance coverage at the time of the citation, a court appearance is mandatory. Your court date is listed at the bottom of the citation. If you can show that you obtained insurance after the date of the citation, bring proof of insurance and the ticket will be dismissed; however, court cost will be assessed.

Q. How can I find out the exact amount of my fine?

A. The municipal judge establishes the amount of the fine in each individual case. Depending upon the charge, the judge can, in most instances, place a maximum fine of $500.00 plus court costs. There are, however, fines for some charges (i.e., DUI) that can be much higher than $500.00.

Q. After I go to court, will the judge give me additional time to pay my fines/court cost/restitution?

A. Payment of fines, court costs, and/or restitution is expected at the time you appear in court. However, you may ask to make payments through our probation service.

Q. What information do I need to obtain a warrant?

A. To have someone arrested: First call the police and make a police report. You must have as much information about the person as possible, such as name, address, date of birth or age, employer, and  phone number. A warrant cannot be obtained without a police report.

Q. Why is my license suspended?

A. If you did not pay your ticket on time, the Alabama Department of Public Safety was notified and they suspended your license for nonpayment. In order to have your license reinstated, you must first pay the ticket. Then, contact the Department of Public Safety at (334) 242-4400 for more information concerning the reinstatement fee.

Q. To whom and where do I send my reinstatement fee?

A. Alabama Department of Public Safety  Driver License Division Improvement Unit P. O. Box 1471 Montgomery, AL 36102-1471

Q. How can I get a PFA (Protection From Abuse) Order or a Restraining Order on someone?

A. PFA can only be filed with the Baldwin County Circuit Clerk’s Office located in the Courthouse in Bay Minette, AL. There is no charge to file a PFA. New laws went into effect in July 2010 regarding who a PFA can be filed against. You can contact the Baldwin County Circuit Clerk’s Office for more information at 251-937-0280. A Restraining Order is handled through attorneys only. You must contact your attorney for more information on Restraining Orders.

Revenue Department

Q. Who has to purchase a Business License?

A. Any person or organization conducting business in Robertsdale is required to purchase a license. This includes offering merchandise for sale, performing services and soliciting orders for goods or services, making deliveries of any merchandise or engaging in business of any nature. The license must be obtained before transacting any business.

Q. Does this include a business operated out of my home?

A. Yes, it includes any business. Home-operated businesses must meet zoning requirements and must have the approval of the City of Robertsdale Zoning Board of Adjustments to operate a home occupation.

Q. Can I set up on the side of the road and sell items from my vehicle?

A. No, the City does not allow anyone to sell on the right of way. You can, however, get permission in writing from a local property owner and purchase a transient vendor license. For fees and requirements contact the Revenue Department.

Q. How much does the City of Robertsdale Business License cost?

A. The cost varies depending upon the type of business. Businesses are classified into categories and each category has a rate that is used to calculate the amount of the license. Most licenses are based on annual gross receipts.

Q. What kind of taxes are administered by the Robertsdale Revenue Department?

A. The City of Robertsdale Revenue Department administers the following licenses and taxes: (1) Business License, (2) Sales, Use and Rental Tax, (3) Liquor Tax, (4) Gasoline Tax, (5) Cigarette & Tobacco Products Tax, (6) Beer Tax and (7) Wine Tax.

Q. What is the due date for filing taxes if the due date falls on a weekend or holiday?

A. If the due date falls on a non-working day of the City, postmarked or hand-delivered payment on the next business day is acceptable as timely filing. Important note: The City of Robertsdale may not observe all federal or state holidays. Please call for official holiday filing requirements.

Q. Can I pay my City of Robertsdale taxes online?

A. Yes, if you file and remit your taxes electronically and have a City of Robertsdale jurisdiction account number you can file your sales, use and rental taxes at the Alabama Department of Revenue’s Internet Filing and Payment System under Self-Administered Jurisdictions. Contact the Revenue Department if you have questions concerning this online tax report and payment method at (251) 947-8920.